Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The 2013 Man Booker Prize Longlist

My computer conked out over the weekend, so here I am sitting in a library, wet through from walking a long way in the rain, trying to think of something nice to say, but no, my nightmare week continues. Here is the longlist:

Five Star Billionaire by Tash Aw
We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo
The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
Harvest by Jim Crace
The Marrying of Chani Kaufman by Eve Harris
The Kills by Richard House
The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
Unexploded by Alison MacLeod
TransAtlantic by Colum McCann
Almost English by Charlotte Mendelson
A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
The Spinning Heart by Donal Ryan
The Testament of Mary by Colm Tóibín

The Testament of Mary but not How To Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia? Cock-eyed.



http://www.wikio.com Add to My MSN Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google
YouGov.com - Get paid to have your say

1 Comments:

At Monday, August 5, 2013 at 1:48:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Unknown said...

Of the three I've read so far (four if you count the one I couldn't even finish, that's the Crace), I am underwhelmed. Sometimes I think the judges go looking for something specific and miss some great books. These seem to share a theme of outsiderness, transatlanticism, immigration, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Book Search
Go Somewhere Else